Tummy Tuck in Dallas, TX
Ready to get started?Contact Us
What is a Tummy Tuck?
For women and men alike, getting rid of hanging skin and excess fat along the abdomen can be frustrating and challenging. Pregnancy, weight loss, and aging are the most common reasons why someone may not be able to attain a tighter and slimmer abdomen. A tummy tuck is a cosmetic surgical procedure that removes excess skin, repairs rectus diastasis (weakening of the fascia between your "ab" muscles), and flattens the contour of the stomach.
Abdominoplasties can be performed on both men and women. The best candidates should be in good health, non-smokers, and near their ideal body weight. Women should be finished with childbearing. Most patients typically experience one or all of the following:
· Excess, loose, and/or sagging abdominal skin
· Abdominal musculature that has stretched out or weakened (called diastasis recti)
· Hernias (umbilical, incisional, or ventral) caused by pregnancy, weight gain, or a previous surgery
· Excess fat deposits under the abdominal skin and waistline
Abdominoplasty, or tummy tuck, is not a weight loss procedure—it focuses on reducing loose skin and improving poor abdominal muscle tone. All of these factors can lead to low self-esteem and are not correctable by diet and exercise. During your consultation at the Highland Park Plastic Surgery Center in Dallas, Texas, Dr. Lindsey will discuss with you your personal goals and the available surgical options to meet these goals.
How Does a Tummy Tuck Work?
Dr. Lindsey will create a unique treatment plan for each patient based on their needs and desires. The extent of the tummy tuck depends on many factors, but the largest determining factor in your surgery is your amount of loose skin. The goal is for the muscles to be flat and tight, as well as for minimal loose skin to be observable when in a sitting position. The types of abdominoplasty are as follows:
· Mini or Partial Tummy Tuck: This surgery typically focuses on loose skin in the lower abdomen and usually results in a shorter scar. This procedure may incorporate Cesarean section and/or hysterectomy scar revision as well.
· Full or Standard Tummy Tuck: This surgery addresses all the excess skin of the anterior abdomen, as well as muscle looseness and hernias. This method places the incision from hip to hip, just above the pubic area.
· Extended Abdominoplasty: This includes a standard tummy tuck, as well as addresses the excess skin over the lateral hip, thigh, and buttocks area. The most comprehensive of these procedures is also known as a mid-body lift.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Your surgery will most likely be performed as an outpatient procedure at the Highland Park Plastic Surgery Center. After a recovery period, you will be sent home with a compression garment to promote optimal healing and support hose to prevent blood clots/deep vein thrombosis. You will experience some discomfort for a few days, which can be managed by prescription pain medication. After one week, you should be able to resume nonstrenuous activities; however, we recommend waiting 3 to 4 weeks before resuming strenuous exercise.
Dr. Lindsey and the staff of the Highland Park Plastic Surgery Center in Dallas, Texas will provide you with detailed written and verbal instructions describing aftercare and will be available to address any post-operative questions or concerns that you may have.
Tummy Tuck Reviews
Dr Tavakolian is definitely the real deal. She is a true talent in her craft. I had an upper and lower blepharoplasty in June and the results are amazing. I just had a tummy tuck and BBL on 12/12/23. She has made my recovery process so easy and she has been amazing from the start. My results look great and continue to look even better with each day of my. recovery. I promise you that she is definitely that surgeon everyone will be begging to see. . Surgeons with her talent, bedside manner, and how she cares about her patients is something rare. Trust me you could not be in better hands. Wendy Angell
Get In Touch
Get a More Chiseled Appearance
Pregnancy and weight changes can result in a stretched-out abdomen that leaves behind hanging skin. We know it can be a daily struggle — tummy tuck surgery is often necessary to address excess skin. If you are bothered by the loose skin in your abdomen, no matter how minimal or severe, surgical body contouring by Dr. Tavakolian in Dallas, TX can allow you to get the body you desire. Please contact Lindsey Tavakolian, M.D.: Highland Park Plastic Surgery Center for more information.